Friday, July 27, 2012

24th July 2012

Yogja, yesterday finally I left Bandung. A city where I didn't really plan to go to, and where I've spend a week. And if the visa would allow me I would stay longer, precious encounter. I wish I could spend here whole Ramadhan (maybe with some trips to the sea to surf). If anyone wants to go to Indonesia -get the visa before in the embassy, the visa "on arrival" insufficient, the country is bigger and more interesting than it seemed. Definetely one of the most interesting I've been to (maybe also because it's not so popular). Now I have to hurry up, if I don't get a boat from Bali to Oz I have just a month to get to East Timor...
In Bandung I've started Ramadhan :) there where doubts when should it start (Friday as in many Muslim countries, or Saturday -finally, it's said to depend on the moon or stars...). Ramadhan is not just about fasting, more interesting for me is the feast that follows the sunset, everywhere many boutiques selling food, some local or national specialities, very diverse and delicious. It's a pitty my visa is obliging me to hurry

No comments:

Post a Comment