Saturday, February 2, 2013

13th December 2012

Kupang, Indonesia. The day before yesterday I finally left Dili. There's a lot of organizations carrying help in East Timor, many sponsored cars, but they didn't want to help people traveling like myself. If I had a lift it was usually by an Indonesian. Yesterday I crossed the border, I had an overstay of over a month, but I didn't pay the penalty (150$), I heard I'll have to pay it double when I come back. Not very likely to happen. The borderman said it was the first time for an Australian to have an overstay (as I'm traveling on my Australian passport now). I guess that show what kind of Australian I am or am not Later on I got a lift from an Javanese bloke, he was so nice I had some suspicions. He turned out to be a good muslim with two wives. He kept me overnight, showed me around a bit, and finally forced to pay for my ticket to Kupang. I try not to take advantage of this kind of gifts, but it's hard to reject people. Here I arrived late. Dissapointment. No sailing boats. I'm going to the port tomorrow, we'll see what outcome it'll bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment