Saturday, February 2, 2013

15th December 2012

Airplane. Mission failed. I went to the ferry office yesterday, there are no direct passages to Papua. Cargo ships -most likely I'd have to go through Surabaya (so come back to Java, I've heard about it a few times), it's far I don't like going backwards. Passenger ships are slower than I expected, and it would take more than one to get to Papua. There even were two ships going to the Malukas yesterday - one was going 3 days, the other 5- they usually go every few days. That would mean a much longer time of traveling than I expected. Traveling across Papua in this fashion would be a matter of months not weeks. So I changed my mind, and I'm flying. No direct flights from here to Australia, today I'm flying to Bali, tomorrow to Darwin (anyway it cheaper than a direct flight from Dili). I have a feeling it's the right choice. Now there is some dissapointment in me, and anger, but in the current situation I do not regret the choice. It's time to get a job and give my parents a brake :) Also time to get more energy, and maybe gather some money for my own vessel? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment