Saturday, February 2, 2013

18th December 2012

Somewhere in the Northern Territory, Australia. Yesterday I arrived at the Darwin airport at 3am. First impression rather dissapointing. I had such a thorough "security check" lick nowhere else. And they claimed they found some drug traces, I wander were from. They guy who was interrogating me was a complete -sorry for the expression -idiot. I heard him whispering to his co-workers that I have been in Turkey, and in Iran twice (what he could tell from the stamps in my passport), what made me seem suspicious. Urgh.
Then I slept for while at the airport, and set off for the highway. I had to wait for a long while, and all the lifts I had were rather short, and on the first day I drove just 200 km. I wanted to beat down all those blokes who were saying that hitch-hicking is "no problem here". In the end a lady who gave me the last lift took me home, what saved the day. Besides I could have had a job there (in Pine Creek), but at the moment I have different priorities. Today wasn't too good either, but in the end I found myslef on a truck going to Brisbane.
I heard it's the raining season now, but I haven't seen it raining, just like East Timor. The plan -the plan is to travel as fast as possible across Australia to Melbourne get on a ferry to Tasmania, were I want to spend Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment