Saturday, February 2, 2013

22nd December 2012

Melbourne. Under 4000 km took me 6 days of hitch-hicking. Not impressing as I tried to constantly be on the move, at least it's working and I made it here. People are scared here, I don't understand this. There are stories here about how dangerous hitch-hicking is, but it was hitch-hickers who suffered in these stories. I thought that if Australians travel so much they would have a better understanding of people traveling and have more imagination, be more helpful. Anyway I'm glad I made it. On the way the brakes of one of the trucks went on fire, apart from that no big stories to tell. It rained a bit, besides there were nice views, the country is pretty much uninhabited. It was a pity to see all these kangaroos on the road hit by cars -usually a result of driving at night.
I acknowledged the fact of being in a new country, but I don't feel "at home" here, at least not yet. I'll probably spend here "a while". the country is quite expensive comparing pretty much to all the places I've been to, but it's compensated by the salaries, which are said to be good...
Today I didn't make it to catch the ferry to Tasmania, generally I haven't seen much on the way, no visiting, there will be time for it later. I'm staying this night with a Polish family, they emigrated in the early eighties, they are very kind, wish I could spend here more time, but tomorrow I'm leaving...

No comments:

Post a Comment