Saturday, February 2, 2013

26th November 2012

Three days ago I went for a control visit to the hospital, my foot didn't look very well (swollen). There I was directed to the "emergency room" where some Australian boys (students from Australia) had fun with knifes and made a few unnecessary cuts on my foot.  Now walking really became difficult. At the moment I'm fine, but I can tell that the stories I heard from my parents and their friends about the incompetence of Austrlian doctors haven't lost anything in their actuality (and I can tell, even before arriving there!), IU don't think I'll ever trust then ;) I'll probably go to a dentist when I go back to Poland.
Eventualy only today I launched my application for the Indonesian visa (45$ - that's a robbery!), I should have it in three days, so I should begin the Advent in Indonesia. Direction: Kupang, there I'll make up my mind what next. Either a passage to Australia or to Papua, my intuition is pointing I'll spend Christmas at the second place. I hope I wont have any problems when leaving this country, my overstay is over a month, I have no intention of paying the penalty.
Why did I spend so much time in East Timor? Many reasons, patience mainly, maybe fear as well. The fear is hard to tame, after every stopover I am a little bit uncertain. But I have learned not to think too much about the future. What lies out there? I don't know. Depends on the events which will happen, maybe flight, maybe Papua, maybe Solomon islands, maybe Vanuatu, maybe not. I must admit I did not have luck with the yacht. The welsh I've met two months ago, who was sailing to RSA and later on to Europe (with his wife) told me that somewhere from the western coast of Spain 90 people managed to get across the ditch to the Americas. If only he was sailing in the rigjt direction....

No comments:

Post a Comment