Friday, January 17, 2014

24th March 2013

Currently in Hobart, I have been 3 months in Tassie already. At first I bothered my family here a bit. I felt like in Poland a bit, that was nice. Afterwards I was wandering around, although there's not that much to see, it's not too exotic to be honest. Then I came to Hobart, where for a while I've been the night manager in a hostel. Apart from that I had some short seasonal fruit picking jobs. I thought I would've spent more time here, but it's the least prosperous state and also it's getting cold. Eventually in two days I'm taking a flight to Melbourne, where I intend to spend Easter. Not sure what I'm gonna do afterwards.
I've met quite a few backpackers here, who are here on "Working Holiday" visas. Meeting all these people is an interesting (and sometimes challenging) change after all this lonely travel. Interesting stories. At this stage I think I have more in common with them than with the Aussie's.
A "Wooden Boat Show" had taken place in Hobart. Many wooden boats came from all over Australia. I was hoping I would get a lift with one of them back to Melbourne or Sydney, unfortunately lack of experience didn't work in my favour. Despite a very good chance all I managed to do was sail around the bay. I started thinking of getting myself a boat (in the future of course), but my friend convinced me it's too expensive an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment