Friday, January 17, 2014

5th May 2013

Just arrived in Adelaide. I had spent the Easter in Melbourne, it was very nice to be spontaneously invited for Easter brunch by the Polish Jesuits. As I decided not to stop in Melbourne yet, but travel around the continent first I set of for Sydney, where I met my old travel buddy. We worked a little together, then I went to two cattle stations in the NSW Outback, but they were rather disappointing. Alltogether I haven't worked too much in Australia, and I'm still poor. In the meantime I received an answer to one of my ads I posted on internet a year ago, when I was looking for a boat sailing somewhere from South-East Asia to Australia. A captain currently somewhere around Indonesia, who wanted to sail to Madagascar and later on to South Africa was looking for a crew. The offer was really tempting, although eventually I gave in. It turned out I would have to contribute 13EUR/day to the boat running costs. That's definitely too much, especially as I would have to take a flight there, and also it's not the best time for me to travel to RSA. Sometimes one manages to get a passage on a boat contributing as a member of the crew, sometimes there is also money involved. I hope there will come a day, when I'll experience my sailing adventure.
At the moment - hitch-hiking northwards, where I hope to experience life in the Australian Outback and get a job on a cattle station.

No comments:

Post a Comment