Friday, January 17, 2014

2nd October 2013

Finally I've settled in Melbourne. My stay in Australia is like stage no. 2. Travelling to Australia was a school of travelling, opening myself to the world. Now is the time of acquiring practical skills. Despite my education and some work experience I don't really feel I have a professional direction (and not sure if I want to have one by the way), not sure what kind of job am I supposed to look for. I've tried a few jobs, but they were just experiences. Not exactly what I was looking for, but I appreciate them for what they gave me. I must admit, after such a long time of not working (all these volunteer jobs don't really count) I wanted to find a tough job, I think it's good for the character. I hope all these experiences will build up my confidence, especially when I start to travel. So far I haven't really had too many adventures.
I've been in Melbourne for around 6 weeks now. I found a job in a hostel quite quickly, though shortly afterwards I changed it to a kitchen job. Finally I'll learn how to cook :) I had many doubts about what I was looking for, but I think I'll hold on to this job for a while. Australia seems a good place to save some money, especially as I have some debts to pay. I'm quite sure I'll spend at least a year here, probably more.

No comments:

Post a Comment